Surgical spirit, B.P. is a liquid prepared and used primarily for topical application. It is prepared from a special denatured alcohol solution which contains approximately 95 percent by volume of pure, concentrated ethanol or isopropyl alcohol. The + version also contains castor oil and methyl salicylate
Surgical Spirit BP Plus
£4.95 – £135.95
- A Disinfectant for surfaces, utensils and equipment.
- Skin cleaner, Antiseptic and antibacterial agent. (Tattoing & Piercing)
- Hand sanitiser and sterilizer.
- Medical and Sporting Rub Downs
- Applied as a cooling, soothing application for bedridden patients and athletes
- Widely used for cleansing surgeons’ hands and instruments
- Disinfection of skin prior to penetration by a hypodermic needle.
- Antiseptic, it is good against vegetative bacteria and fair against fungi and viruses.
Denatured Ethanol: >95%
Castor Oil: <2%
Methyl Salicylate: <2%
Hazard Class: 3
Packing Group: 2
Hazard Phrases: Highly flammable liquid and vapour. Causes serious eye irritation.
Prec Phrases: Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention. In case of fire: Use Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep cool.
500ml, 1L, 3x1L, 6x1L, 12x1L, 24x1L, 2.5L, 6×2.5L, 5L, 2x5L, 4x5L