Acetone is a colourless, flammable and volatile liquid that is commonly used as a solvent in various industrial and domestic applications. It has a distinctive fruity smell and is completely miscible in water, making it an essential component in many cleaning and degreasing solutions. Acetone is also a key ingredient in many nail polish removers, paint thinners, and adhesives. Its high evaporation rate makes it an ideal solvent for quick-drying applications, and its low toxicity and low cost make it a popular choice in various industries. Whether you’re looking to remove nail polish, clean surfaces, or thin paints and adhesives, acetone is a versatile and effective solvent that can get the job done efficiently.
Acetone 99.5% BP
£4.95 – £10.55
- Nail polish remover
- Cleaning agent for household surfaces and tools
- Solvent for removing adhesives, such as glue and tape residue
- Degreaser for kitchen appliances and other surfaces
- Solvent for various chemicals and materials, including plastics, resins, and fibres
- Cleaning agent for machinery and equipment
- Paint thinner and remover
- Production of various chemicals, including methyl methacrylate and bisphenol A
- Extraction of oils and fats from plant and animal sources
- Component of various industrial adhesives and sealants
APC Pure offers Own Brand Labelling of any product – please contact our Sales Team for more information
Minimum Assay: 99.50%
Molecular Formula: C3H6O
Molecular Weight: 58.08g/mol
Melting Point: -94°C
Boiling Point: 56°C
Acidity (as Acetic Acid): <0.002%
Refractive Index: 1.3590
Hazard Class: 3
Hazard Phrases: Highly flammable liquid and vapour. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
Prec Phrases: Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
HS Code: 2914115000
Following the UK’s departure from the EU on 1 January 2021, all European shipments are sent on a DAP Basis (Delivered at Place).
This means that the buyer will be liable for import VAT at their prevailing national rate and for orders over 150€ (including carriage) import duties will become chargeable at your prevailing national rate.
The Duty is ascertained by your national customs authority based on the HS Code of each product. The HS Code is shown in the “European Shipment” section of each product page.
500ml, 1L, 2.5L, 5L